[sword-devel] Speech synthesis voices?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 21 12:24:45 MST 2012

Karl writes, "But we're talking in circles by now...."

Yet I don't think that this is the case.

The vast difference between "then" and "now" is the huge take up of mobile
devices, both phones and tablets. So front-end developers, especially those
focused on mobile technologies, please continue to think fo innovative ways
in which your Bible study application can make use of and interact with TTS
engines, whether they come preloaded with the platform or whether they can
be installed as separate apps, and selected both by system settings and by
other apps.

And to keep this thread from going into a downward spiral, we haven't even
started to consider how OSIS constructions such as the <speaker> element and
the <speech> element could interface with different TTS voices. Perhaps that
could be the topic for another thread in the future? Would need some mature
thought devoting to it before posting immediate reactions.

David