[sword-devel] Speech synthesis voices?

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 05:29:28 MST 2012

Hi David,

Each TTS voice is specific to a language and country(accent).  And Bible
requests a voice for the language of the module and also tries to work out
the best country (accent).

So, you could load an English bible and press Speak which will use Amy,
then switch to a German bible and press speak to hear Hans.

However, there is a TTS bug in this area.  If you try to switch language
while the previous language is speaking it gets confused and continues
speaking in the first language.

Martin