[sword-devel] Speech synthesis voices?

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sat Aug 18 08:47:15 MST 2012

Not sure it is needed. On the Mac one can highlight text and have it read in a voice of their choice. And yes it reads punctuation as that is assistive to the blind.

Linux can read text (festival?) but I've never bothered to look into it. Xiphos builds it in.

It can be done in Java, see:
http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2006/04/13/vocal-java.html

In Him,
DM
Cent from my fone so theer mite be tipos. ;)