[sword-devel] locales.d submission Inuk: iu.conf & iu-utf8.conf

Andrew Thule thulester at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 07:06:17 MST 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 4:09 AM, Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> wrote:

> I added the iu-utf8.conf file to SVN.

Thanks.

> In any case, and more to the point, your iu.conf file was just the UTF-8
> file with the locale name & encoding name changed. And the encoding it
> claimed to use, ISO 8859-10, is a Latin encoding, not a Canadian syllabics
> encoding.

There are others in locales modelled this way,  For example no.conf
and no-utf8.conf.  Now I recognize that Norsk employs the same
syllabics as English but ko.conf and hu.conf seem structured the same
way.  I used them as templates.

With respect to the use of ISO 8859-10 I was following the information
found here:
http://www.localization-translation.com/globalization-guide/localization-languages/localization-inuktitut.html

That said, it is not my intention to use a Latin encoding, and I
confess possessing a defective understanding of how the ISO 8859
system works, still endeavoured to do my best to figure out which 8859
system Inuktitut fell under.  If I've err'd simply replace the
incorrect encoding I gave it with the correct one.

The font I'm using personally is the Pigiarniq font found here:
http://www.gov.nu.ca/en/Fonts.aspx

~A