[sword-devel] Alternate Versification question

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Aug 8 23:31:25 MST 2012

On 08/08/2012 06:25 PM, Andrew Thule wrote:
> However, this following page list others (such as LXX and GNT):
> http://svn.crosswire.org/wiki/Alternate_Versification/System_Identification

Observe that this page is intended as an aid for figuring out which
versification is employed in a particular text. It's not a statement of
what is supported or anything like that.

> Cutting to the chase, my question is this, are versification schemes
> such as LXX and GNT to be expected in subsequent development
> iterations or are there otherways to employ them?  I'm specifically
> interested in LXX as I've got valid OSIS for LXXE, but I'm constantly
> banging into versification errors/warning when I create my module

A Rahlfs versification will be added (shortly) to accommodate the LXX.
I'm not sure whether that will necessarily serve for an 'LXXE' or other
LXX-related texts. (What's LXXE? -E for English, meaning Brenton?)

No independent GNT versification is planned. If you need one, just use
NRSV and omit the OT.

--Chris