[sword-devel] Versification scheme for a new Bible translation

Kahunapule Michael Johnson kahunapule at mpj.cx
Mon Apr 30 19:48:22 MST 2012

On 04/30/2012 06:47 AM, Chris Little wrote:
> Sounds French. We don't really have enough information to produce this v11n system yet.

The most important piece of information to know is that unless you build some flexibility into the system and refrain from ever hard coding the number of verses in any given chapter, someone will come up with a Bible translation somewhere that doesn't fit your scheme. The second most important fact is that some Bible translators make very liberal use of verse bridges.

Just some food for thought...