[sword-devel] SWORD 1.7 (https)

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 20:56:55 MST 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> wrote:
> Attached is the patch for this.
> Also, don't forget to fix up the removeModule call before installing
> bug we discussed on #sword today!

I should note that this patch disables SSL certificate checking, which
is inherently an unsafe configuration. I should have made that
behavior optional, but doing so would have to change API calls whereas
the the way I have written it the user needs only create an
HTTPSSource entry in their InstallMgr.conf file. This implementation
requires no changes from applications, but if we're graduating to 1.7
it might be beneficial to change the API.

Also, I noted in the patch a place where some code could possibly be
refactored to avoid duplication, but I didn't take the time to do the
refactoring.