[sword-devel] Native Client - NaCL and Pepper

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 08:37:30 MST 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Stephan <info at tetzels.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was able to build sword for NaCl, but there are many things to fix because
> NaCl doesn't support local filesystem access. I got warnigs about
> "pthread_cancel", because that's not implemented in NaCl.

Is your NaCl designed to run off a web page or as a Chrome plugin? I
thought filesystem access was available to NaCl clients in plugins but
not ones loaded from the web?

> There is also no port for curl, so I think you have to rewrite the
> InstallMgr to use the NaCl/Pepper API to get files from the web. Or use
> javascript to get the modules (maybe zipped) and unpack them.

Did you try building the normal cURL library for NaCl? I would imagine
that it would compile same as SWORD does. Additionally, you don't need
cURL to be able to download and install modules. SWORD has an included
FTP library, which is the required transport for SWORD repositories
(HTTP support is optional). That should run regardless of the presence
of cURL.

--Greg