[sword-devel] Ubuntu 12.04 ....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Mon Apr 23 07:14:26 MST 2012

On 23/04/12 13:49, Greg Hellings wrote:
> If you want to get more to the bottom of it, try providing Dmitrijs
> with the information he specified, but it sounds like you are drawing
> the official Ubuntu package of BibleTime and the PPA package of Xiphos
> to get the conflict you indicated.

You are right of course.  Back when 12.04 was in Alpha, the Xiphos that
was then in the 12.04 repo was broken.  I'd temporarily taken Xiphos
from the official ppa, and although I'd removed it (I thought) I was
still taking Xiphos from the official ppa and BibleTime from the
launchpad ppa.  I ought to have checked a bit more thoroughly.  I've
cleared the apt cache now and I'm certain there are no references to the
crosswire ppa.  I now have both BibleTime and Xiphos installed on my
netbook which I have just upgraded to 12.04 ....  and also on my
desktop.  Sorry to ask a stupid question and thanks for your patience.

The information Dmitrijs asked me for did give me the information I
needed to sort the problem.

God bless,        Barry.

--
 From Barry Drake (The Revd) Health and Healing advisor to the East
Midlands Synod of the United Reformed Church.  See

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com