[sword-devel] Some questions about the WEB module

Kahunapule Michael Johnson kahunapule at mpj.cx
Wed Apr 11 15:55:58 MST 2012

Hello, John!

Thank you for your interest in the World English Bible modules. :-)
I'm not the Sword module maintainer, but I am the "upstream source" for those (WEB, WEB:ME, and WEBBE) and over 300 other potential modules, all of which have master copies in USFM. I'm planning to build some conversions into Haiola (http://haiola.org) to create a suitable input for osis2mod. How is your C#?

The conversion for the WEB modules will need to be done many times, since it is being edited, and the language updated in the Old Testament. (Occasional edits are still accepted in the New Testament, but are more rare.) Likewise, many of the other minority-language texts I have access to are under construction (i. e. maybe only one book of the Bible is done, so far, but more are coming, a book at a time). Therefore, I crave something more reliable and automatic than the current process. I would welcome
help. I can't speak for the official Sword repository, but I can speak for Haiola...