[sword-devel] Websites

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 4 01:16:39 MST 2012

> Modules are specifically part of The SWORD Project, though, which is why
> they're in The SWORD Project's pages. They aren't separately a CrossWire
> product or used by any non-Sword CrossWire product.

Yes Chris,

But many new visitors are confused because when we refer to "The SWORD
Project", as they don't immediately realize that this can mean one of two
things:

(a) the back-end SWORD engine - the API
(b) the front-end app (abbrev SPW) also known internally as BibleCS

It took me almost 12 months to realize this, so heaven help someone who's
not a programmer or doesn't have an engineering background!

The point is that our library of SWORD modules is integral for all the SWORD
and JSword based front-end apps, not just to BibleCS.

David