[sword-devel] Detecting Problem Characters

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 24 07:22:07 MST 2011

Mike,

I just downloaded the csv file, and had no trouble opening it with
*Notepad++*.

Just because a file has .csv as the file extension doesn't mean that one has
to use OO or Excel to edit it.
If I were to apply any format conversions to this, I'd probably make use of
a bespoke TextPipe filter.
Others would use grep or some other favorite tool for streamed edits.

The file has 8183 lines, and all the EOLs are Windows/DOS (i.e. CRLF).

I can't see anything amiss around line 61, which reads:

NB. Using OO CALC might stumble at characters it sees as cell delimiters.
/Likewise for Excel/.

btw. The file does contain 2460 occurrences of the string "<>", which might
cause some issues.

The file also contains one private use area character in line 1191, just
after the word Boanerges.

David