[sword-devel] Discussion on sword inclusion on openSUSE mailing list

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Sat Sep 17 11:47:00 MST 2011

On 17 September 2011 12:56, Benjamin Misja <alvanx at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Nice reminder! I did know about that "law" some time ago. Still, is there
> anything that can be done to make things clearer, like standard texts for
> packagers etc.?

Example wording:
"sword - a shared library and utilities to read and process e-books,
maps, commentaries and dictionaries in various formats including vpl,
etc..."

while it is designed to fit biblical texts, nothing prevents from
encoding any other type of literary texts using these formats.

Ps. similar discussion were raised when I proposed
sword+xiphos/bibletime for default inclusion into Edubuntu (look in
edubuntu-devel mailing list archives 1-3 years old, can't be bothered
to find a link now). It was relatively calm, but straight away the
answer was "will not include by default, too biased or very sensitive
topic". At least it is available directly from the archive....