[sword-devel] CLucene Compatibility

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri Sep 16 10:07:39 MST 2011

i think the general assumption has always been that clucene updates will make old indeces invalid. There has also been several statements on the list re indeces in general being subject to change from engine updates (by addition of new fields etc). This was the core argument against making indices distributable and downloadable.

My best guess is that - if this is indeed so - then a frontend update with engine update should warn the user of indeces needing to be recreated - and probably also delete old indeces prior use.

Peter

-------- Original-Nachricht --------