[sword-devel] CLucene 2

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 09:48:26 MST 2011

So I'm looking at the trouble with building CLucene 2 and the first
snag seems to hinge around the helper functions we use -
lucene_utf8towcs and lucene_wcstoutf8 and the like. These are still
present in CLucene 2, but they are not exposed through a public
header.  As I see it, we can either choose to add their signatures to
our own headers when CLucene 2 is detected and move on with it, or we
can appropriate their entire implementation of the functionality and
rename it as sword_utf8towcs and the like provided the licenses allow
us to do so.  Anyone have a firm opinion on the better path to take?

--Greg