[sword-devel] XML attribute delimiters in OSIS files?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 15:13:56 MST 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
> On 27/10/11 14:13, Greg Hellings wrote:
>
>> And regardless of whether it's the real character or not, we are
>> likely to encounter texts which are encoded with it because it's easy
>> to type and Unicode is not.
>
> That might be the case, but David and I will always endeavour to correct
> texts - particularly if they come fresh from the translators, so that we
> can feed back what we found.

I'm thinking less of us, internally, where we are apt to jump on this
list and spout off about our problems and more about self-published
modules from someone which we might never see here.  See, for example,
the discussions about GoBible and Pathway and possibly including more
generalized SWORD material directly from the translators themselves.
While we will want all our works to be correct, our utilities should
be able to comprehend both forms.

A general maxim I learned about network applications but applicable in
general to the producer/consumer system is: be very strict in what you
produce but very lenient in what you consume.

--Greg