[sword-devel] URL's in Commentary

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Thu Oct 13 18:13:20 MST 2011

Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> writes:
> When Xiphos 3.1.5 is released the same will be true in it (display in
> Xiphos <= 3.1.4 is no different from opening a page in Firefox unless
> the user has compiled against GTKHTML or is using the Windows build).

Well, no.

Xiphos' main_url_handler() notices special sword:// URLs, and special
internal "passagestudy" URLs; then anything else it hasn't recognized
gets punted off to xiphos_open_default(), which in turn kicks
gtk_show_uri().  That should open an external browser in any 3.1.x.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something completely.