[sword-devel] Strongs and Real Strongs

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Oct 11 14:53:22 MST 2011

The Strongs(Greek|Hebrew) modules in beta should be essentially the same
as the StrongsReal(Greek|Hebrew). It probably needs an update to the
latest versions of its source docs, and I know it has a number of
encoding problems in the Hebrew module, but I'll do a quick cleanup and
push the updates to the public repository in the next few days.

The reason for not having put them in public previously is that they are
TEI modules, which were not reliably supported in all of the frontends
~3 years ago when the modules were last updated. At this point, any
frontend that doesn't support TEI needs to be left behind. (I'm not
aware of any that are so lacking.)

The Strong module in beta is intended to do something akin to a combined
Strongs(Greek|Hebrew) and Karl's Inverted lexicons, all in one. It
suffers from a bug somewhere (either in the library or the module
utilities) that breaks LD entry linking, so that may not appear in
public very soon.

--Chris