[sword-devel] Sword 1.6.x and various frontends

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Tue May 24 20:06:24 MST 2011

Hi Luke,

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Luke Schroeder <luke at motimail.com> wrote:

> It is very informative to know that it is only 2 verses.  That would give
> good reason to switch to KJV versification for Sword modules.  Also thanks
> for the info especially on java based front-ends.  XulSword and Xiphos are
> installing it and gets the versification correct, expect for the header gets
> lost for Revelations 12.  I don't know why that happened.  BPBible installs
> it, keeps the right headings, but messes up the versification.

It looks like Revelation 12 is one of the two places KJV and NRSV differ, so
presumably Xiphos/XULRunner is doing something with the versification that
means the header is lost.

>From memory, BPBible would always assume KJV versification is used (an
assumption which predated Sword 1.6.x).  Just out of curiousity, is
versification in BPBible correct up until 3 John? (which I think is the
second place the versifications differ)

Jon

Finally, it still is a bit frustrating that even using KJV versification the