[sword-devel] Morph codes...

Pypsik Pypsik pypsichok at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 22:50:07 MST 2011

Greetings,

I've run the RST Bible module (currently in GBF format), through the mod2osis utility.

Except for Strong tags and Morph tags, it converted ok.

Question is in regards to Morph tags, which are WTHxxxx or WTGxxxx in the converted file, I'm working with.

The xxxx numbers for WTHebrew are in the 88xx  range. The xxxx numbers for WTGreek are in the 56xx range. These numbers also appear in the Windows Sword software I have installed, when I set Morph on ON.

I've got Robinsons and Packard Morphological dictionaries installed, and they don't use these numbers.  Strong Greek/Hebrew numbers don't go that high from what I can tell.

Are these Morph numbers valid? What dictionary needs to be installed to see what these numbers mean?

Anyone know about these high Morph numbers, or even more specifically the origin of these numbers in the RST module, please let me know.

Thank you and God Bless~

Pypsik