[sword-devel] Installing new/updated locales like we do for modules?

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 18:40:44 MST 2011

Hi Peter,

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 14:30 +1100, Nic Carter wrote:
> >
> > On 01/03/2011, at 12:23 PM, David Haslam wrote:
>
> > > For anyone with a slow connection, this would save time considerably,
> since
> > > the files containing the localization strings must be a lot smaller
> than the
> > > download for the whole front-end.
> >
> > yup, for the names of the books of the Bible, this would simply be text
> files [..]
>
> I think this would be useful for two reasons
>
> It is a reasonably common thing that we add a locale to sword, but the
> releases are not that frequent. If we get a new Bible text which
> includes cross references, obtaining/creating a sword locale is usually
> a must to get the cross references to work.

I'm not sure that I understand this.  Do you mean that we need the locales
to *create* the module (e.g. detect localised cross references in the
original source), or that we need the locales to *display *the module (I
would have thought any OSIS modules would use OSIS refs rather than
localised references, and so would work OK), or that users of that text
would want to type in references in that locale (or something else?)

Jon