[sword-devel] An interesting HTTP bug with InstallMgr

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Thu Jun 30 00:56:57 MST 2011

Hi guys,

Feels like it's been a while since I've been posting here, but I'm trying to get the av11n repo working with PocketSword and bumped into an interesting "bug" when using the new ftpCopy method of the HTTPTransport.
Right now the new av11n repo doesn't have the mods.d.tar.gz stuff set up, and so when I try to refresh the module listing on it, it can't access that file, obviously!  But that then identified the issue with using HTTP to retrieve it -- our methods will identify that the file does exist, cause it will receive an html "file" containing the 404 error...  ;)
So, when I call InstallMgr::refreshRemoteSource(), it fails because the method wrongly believes the errorCode & believes that the tar.gz file exists.

I thought I'd mention it, so if someone was interested in either looking further into fixing the HTTP issue or fixing the mods.d.tar.gz issue, they could...  :)

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)

----
Nic Carter
PocketSword Developer - an iPhone Bible Study app
www: http://crosswire.org/pocketsword
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/app/Pocketsword/id341046078
Twitter: http://twitter.com/pocketsword