[sword-devel] Font size specification inside <divinename></divinename>

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 14:57:20 MST 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 1:52 PM, DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> wrote:
> On 06/24/2011 01:03 PM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>
> Yeah, for sure.  We also have this problem on swordweb. Any ideas?  I
> thought at one time we were supplying a + size on the first letter or
> something.  Any bright ideas welcome.
>
> Is there any reason not to use small caps? I.e.
> <divineName>Lord</divineName> becomes <span style="font-variant:
> small-caps">Lord</span>?
>
> For BibleDesktop we don't have span, so we use the equivalent of <font
> style="font-variant: small-caps">Lord</font>. It works quite well.

I think it would be more in line with what Troy has mentioned we would
like to move towards if we did <span class="divineName">Lord</span>
and then the application can display it as appropriate with CSS class
definitions (akin to how David mentions it).  If that's where we want
to go, why can't we just head that way now?

--Greg