[sword-devel] BREW Development?

Mike Hart just_mike_y at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 23:18:57 MST 2011

Just to follow up on BREW.  Unlike J2ME apps, Each Application published via
= BREW is for a single model of phone on a single wireless carrier only.  To
publish a Bible app on a single model phone on all phone carriers in the US,
That would be about 20 publications.   Each publication has a certification
process that runs into the hundreds of dollars.   While I thought I saw
there was now a 'free' alternative, it appears to be limited to AT&T carrier
applications only and is about the "prove your background" preliminary steps
(also over a hundred dollars) and not the publication process.

Bottom line, BREW is not an open system, and is not compatible with the
business model Sword and GoBible operate under (free, Free, FREE.)