[sword-devel] mod2zmod usage

Mike Hart just_mike_y at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 10:20:06 MST 2011

Hi Angel,

I just wanted to say my offer to help you with any technical issue still stands.  I can't in good conscious be part of any activity that will compromise my beliefs, but I respect others beliefs and while I point out differences and even have opinions, I try my best not to be judgmental.  While I think the RVR2011 version of John 1:1 is a mistranslation, I am also aware of what I consider mistranslations in most other modern versions... I'm not to judge what others do, but I have to test what I take in. :-) I fully respect that taking on the task of making a new version is a heavy burden for anyone, and respect the work of a translator.  While I will offer my opinion on the matter, if your associate is adamant that John 1:1 is correctly translated, it is his right to make that claim.

This divisive subject of the trinity and nature of each member is to me critical at the group level, but not a limiter at the personal level.  That is, if the group together rejects God Father, Son, or Holy Ghost, then the group isn't representing the Bible and what Christianity IS, but at a personal level, each of us tries to grasp this concept in terms of what we know here in earth, and none of us can know completely what it means.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+22:23-32&version=NVI

In Matthew 22:23-32, Jesus warned the Sadducees that they can not understand the resurrection/heaven in terms of what they know on earth, and I feel that warning is perfectly suited for the nature of the Godhead.
So while I have strong beliefs about it, I have to leave room in my beliefs that I don't and can't fully understand it here on earth.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark%203:22-30&version=NVI

However, in Mark 3:22-30,  Jesus warns that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the ONLY thing that can never be forgiven.  So while I leave room for other people's beliefs, I clearly must separate myself from anything that could be considered blasphemy of the spirit, like a claim that The Spirit isn't part of the core faith that saves us.   It is this warning that causes the responses you see in the group.

If you run into questions about module making that you can't answer (about compiling or OSIS or whatever,) and aren't getting responses on the developer site... I can try to answer them for you, or get you help.