[sword-devel] Should osmhb.conf contain Feature=StrongsNumbers

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Jun 6 18:01:02 MST 2011

On 06/06/11 23:04, Martin Denham wrote:
> Is this a mistake in osmhb.conf or perhaps I should be using
>    GlobalOptionFilter=OSISStrongs
> to determine if a book contains Strong's numbers?

The sword engine uses the GlobalOptionFilters to determine presence or
absence of features and so do subsequently the frontends based on libsword.

I think the "feature" bit in conf files is more used to

1) either change the interpretation of the module type (Devotion instead
of dictionary)

or

2) create some form of linkage between two modules - Strong encoded text
and Strong dictionary etc.

But it is not really documented in the wiki. And the source does not
specifically test for the Strong feature.

So chances are the Feature:StrongNumbers is a bit of a irrelevancy.

Peter