[sword-devel] derivation of the Chinese module

Matthew Patenaude mnglfiddle at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 06:04:10 MST 2011

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Automatic_conversion_between_simplified_and_traditional_Chinese

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Automatic_conversion_between_simplified_and_traditional_Chinese

>David

To which module is this discussion referring, exactly? I would be happy to
look up some passages and see if I notice any particular errors with the
conversion. However, I do know that any mechanical conversion should be
checked over carefully by a native expert. The Chinese use automated tools,
but they will also tell you that those tools leave a lot of things that have
to be corrected by hand. It is not a simple one-to-one conversion, since
sometimes more than one character was simplified to the same simplified
character. The conversion from simplified to complex is always a touch more
problematic, but the other direction also frequently leaves problems.

Matthew