[sword-devel] What am I doing wrong - Sword API, Perl?

scribe777@gmail.com scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Jul 9 01:21:08 MST 2011

Ah, I think I understand better what you're trying to obtain.

Something to note is that OSIS doesn't restrict the text child of <reference> to a parsable representation of the osisRef attr. For example, this is perfectly valid and acceptable:

Matthew begins his gospel <reference osisRef="Matt.1.1">here<reference>.

So you won't find any SWORD code which enforces this; i.e., SWORD won't try to i12ize this text. You'll have to piece it together using the call I gave in the previous email as the text node.

Hope this helps,

Troy