[sword-devel] Module Display Names

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 20:28:56 MST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 9:04 PM, Jonathan Morgan <jonmmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Whether or not you have a German localised name (which was I think discussed
> and could be supported with Abbreviation_de, but opens another can of
> worms), even "Luther 1545" is a marked improvement over "GerLut1545".

I don't see any reason the Abbreviation field shouldn't just already
be localized to the region or native text of the module, as per the
module creator's choice.  So for the Septuagint it might be "LXX" and
for "AraSVD" it might be an Arabic text.  I don't need an English
localization of the Arabic if the text is in Arabic, whereas LXX is so
well known for this context, I doubt it needs much localization.
Forgive me if that's a bad example and LXX is really something
entirely different everywhere, but I think one Abbreviation should be
fine and leave it to the module creator to provide the proper value
for universal usage.  Extra names or localizations can easily be
placed into the About entry.

--Greg