[sword-devel] Bibtex for modules

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Jan 11 18:00:12 MST 2011

This is an excellent idea, but I worry about BibTeX being the wrong
format to encourage academic use. I love LaTeX, personally. I just spent
a day putting together a reader for my class in LaTeX. But I'm probably
in a minority here, and outside of math & sciences, I believe almost no
one uses LaTeX. It is a fairly old format, so there are lots of
importers for other software like EndNote.

I think keeping BibTeX would be great, but I'd like to encourage us to
also adopt CSL (http://citationstyles.org/), which is used by a few
different programs, including Zotero.

I'd also recommend we figure out a way to do everything via scripts and
auto-generate BibTeX and CSL entries with a nightly cron job. We can
fill out additional .conf entries, as necessary, to make the automation
easier.

--Chris