[sword-devel] Is Delitzsch Hebrew NT available?

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 13:36:20 MST 2011

While working on Hebrew bible display in And Bible an Israeli contact asked
if the Delitzsch Hebrew NT is available.  I can't see anything in the
CrossWire Sword modules nor in the Xiphos module list so I thought I would
ask.

These are the links I was given regarding the Delitzsch Hebrew NT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Delitzsch
This link states:

"Today Delitzsch is best known for his translation of the New Testament
into Hebrew <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew>. Delitzsch's translation
is still considered the standard New Testament edition in Hebrew and in its
10th Edition it was revised by a young Arnold Bogomul
Ehrlich<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Ehrlich> at
Delitzsch's insistence. This edition was to be utilized for
proselytization<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proselytization> among
Jews. It is remarkable that these editions were composed before the modern
revival of Hebrew <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew>, but the
translations still remain fresh and alive for readers today."

There is a newer version from a few years ago:
http://www.הברית-החדשה.com/index.php/habrithachadasha/newtest<http://www.xn----1hchbcbtn8kpag.com/index.php/habrithachadasha/newtest>

Thanks
Martin