[sword-devel] Promoting Bibles with Av11n?

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Mon Dec 19 20:57:21 MST 2011

This introduces an interesting thought I had the other day.  We currently have our handler for sword:// but what if we created a new one for installing modules?  So you could have something like swordinstall://crosswire/ESV which would then bring up the ESV ready to install from our main CrossWire repo within the front-end.  It would then be up to the individual front-ends to decide what to do if that repo wasn't defined?

If we were to implement something like this we could then remove the links to download the raw modules & instead have a link to install the module directly?  Hopefully that could remove all the issues we have with users downloading a module & not knowing how to install it?  The above suggestion I have given of swordinstall://crosswire/ESV would of course need proper thinking through, but hopefully this can be a starting point for discussion?  :)

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)