[sword-devel] Promoting Bibles with Av11n?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 15 12:29:47 MST 2011

Bibles with Alternate Versification are not listed in
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModDisp.jsp?modType=Bibles

The casual visitor will be unaware of these Bibles we have in our product
portfolio.

e.g. If you wanted to get hold of our Belarusian Bible module, you'd first
have to know that exists.

We could do with some effort in promoting such Bibles in the main website,
now that more front-ends are capable or becoming compatible with av11n.

This state of affairs reflects the fact that BibleCS (The SWORD Project for
Windows) does not yet support av11n.
In that sense, it's no longer our "flagship" application, yet much of our
publicity is still based on the fact that it was until about two years ago.

Even the module installation instructions are tied to SWORD, yet many of us
within the CrossWire Community probably use the module manager in a
different front-end to download and install modules.
We are not doing anyone a favor by keeping things on the website the way
they are.

David