[sword-devel] Problems to build SVN sword with clucene-core clucene-core-2.3.3.4-1

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Aug 2 15:59:32 MST 2011

Dne 2.8.2011 20:55, Greg Hellings napsal(a):
> Peter was simply asking

I am sorry, I really wasn't angry and I do apologize if it went over the
wire like I was. Of course, I understand very well that this is work of
love (I hope at least in case of the Sword project), and I don't demand
anything more on the top of miracles you already brought to me. Thank you.

> against CLucene2. You'll have to find a package for the older versions
> of clucene 0.2x to build SWORD or wait for the next release of SWORD
> which ought to update itself to account for these changes.

Of course the latter is what I do. I am used to waiting on the rest of
the free software world to catch up with Fedora. It is certainly not the
first time something like this happens. I am only sorry, that my C++ foo
is so minimal I cannot help to make it happen sooner as I did with some
other projects (and there is still nothing to make crashing; I love to
file bug reports, that's actually my job). And yes, I am looking for
those Python Sword bindings so that I could finally make the Czech study
Bible complete.

Blessings on all of you,

Matěj

At the day of judgement it shall not be asked of us what we have
read, but what we have done: nor how well we have said, but how
religiously we have lived.
    -- Thomas ? Kempis
       The Imitation of Christ, III.