[sword-devel] CSS Again... (was Re: Rendering added words for languages that don't use italics?)

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Apr 19 09:13:38 MST 2011

Again, to be rude and top-post, not having a specific line in the
message to which I wish to comment...

I don't believe anyone is against HTML rendering frontends supplying
stylesheets to their output.

I believe Bibletime does this for their user selectable themes.

I have often lamented the fact that we have at least 3 HTML rendering
filter sets and have stated that I would love for us all to agree on a
common, more class-ified HTML output if everyone would concede to share
the same filter set and help improve the commonly used code.

I believe frontend developers were in general agreement that
module-specific style sheets would be a bad idea because they already
currently allow custom styles for their users and there would most
certainly be a conflict between what the module writer desires and for
what the user asks.

I believe I was against the proposal to replace the current filtering
mechanism with an xslt engine.

I think this sums up where we all stood the last time we discussed
this.  Have I misrepresented anyone, please speak up.

Troy