[sword-devel] Chinese Pinyin

Leo So leoso at usa.net
Thu Sep 30 09:31:21 MST 2010

1 Chinese character could be mapped to many pinyin, depending on its context (I.e. which phrase/word this character is part of). e.g. 樂 could be lè, yuè, yào, luò, liáo.

E.g. Try the following link and paste the text of Romans 12:12 在指望中要喜樂,在患難中要忍耐,禱告要恆切。in the first big Chinese text box, and click "Go" and watch out for the Mandarin column. You will find similar behavior for Yale/Jyutping (which are for Cantonese dialet)

http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php?page=chardict

On that result page, click on the big

      樂
 on the 7th row and you will see all the possible pinyin combo for this character.

Immanuel,
leo.

--
  Leo So <leoso at usa.net> http://leo4jc.spaces.live.com
  The blind men came to Him, and Jesus said to them, "Do you believe