[sword-devel] Android SWORD

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 2 10:52:26 MST 2010

On 2 September 2010 18:47, Manfred Bergmann <manfred.bergmann at me.com> wrote:

> Am 02.09.2010 um 18:18 schrieb Dmitrijs Ledkovs:
>
>> On 2 September 2010 17:28, Matthew Talbert <ransom1982 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> As far as I know, only Launchpad is being used (other than svn). It is
>>> quite helpful, because it allows people to publish branches of code
>>> and work on them together to finish a feature before it is committed
>>> to sword svn. If there is a proliferation of source control systems
>>> being used, I'm unaware of it.
>>>
>>> Matthew
>>>

>> Plus on Launchpad it is clearly stated where the upstream svn
>> repository is. The bzr imports are run every 6 hours for many sword
>> projects (jsword, sword, xiphos, bibletime). And bzr is fully
>> compatible with svn, i.e. you can seamlessly commit to svn from bzr if
>> you have access.
>
> That is totally fine.
> The use case you are outlining is comprehensible. Btw: MacSword is mirrored on Launchpad as well.
> Who is maintaining the Launchpad repos? I mean, one of the branches probably is used to push back to SWORD svn?
>

> Manfred

I and Jonathan Marsden try to keep up with them from
~pkg-crosswire-devel Debian/Ubuntu packaging team.

The mirrored bzr branches are read-only. If you have commit access to
svn you can $ bzr push svn://svn.example.com/trunk. And then it will
ask for login/password.

Anyone can create, commit and push bzr branches to launchad =)