[sword-devel] Diatheke - support for Ruby?

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Oct 30 01:12:39 MST 2010

On 10/30/2010 12:59 AM, David Haslam wrote:

> Ruby markup, as exemplified by the Japanese modules in our beta repository,
> uses the following syntax:
> $$$Genesis 1:1
> gloss="そうぞう">創造</w>された。
> Does diatheke support the<w gloss=".....">####</w>  markup?
>
> i.e. If one chooses HTML as the output encoding.
>
> If not, might this be worthwhile developing as an enhancement to diatheke?
>
> David

Diatheke will use the filters provided by Sword. If the Sword HTML
render filters support translation of OSIS gloss attributes, then
Diatheke supports them for HTML output. Diatheke is always built from
the latest release or SVN of Sword when it is packaged, so it improves
as Sword does, usually without specific maintenance.

--Chris