[sword-devel] Autotools Build

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 17:38:53 MST 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Matthew Talbert <ransom1982 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I made those adjustments after the default settings failed to locate the
>> modules in my user home directory. After clearing the environment variable
>> and setting /etc/sword.conf back to /usr/local/sword, the command line tools
>> still fail to locate my modules.
>>

> There is a test utility, tests/mgrtest that should output debugging
> info as to where sword is looking for modules. What is the output of
> that?

It appears to be operating correctly:

-> ./mgrtest

LOOKING UP MODULE CONFIGURATION...
Checking for provided SWConfig("sword.conf")...
Checking working directory for sword.conf...
Checking working directory for mods.conf...
Checking working directory for mods.d...
Checking working directory ../library/ for mods.d...
Checking $SWORD_PATH...
Parsing /etc/sword.conf:/usr/local/etc/sword.conf...
Checking for /etc/sword.conf...
found.
DataPath in /etc/sword.conf is set to /usr/local/sword/.
Checking for mods.conf in DataPath...
Checking for mods.d in DataPath...
Checking $ALLUSERSPROFILE/Application Data/sword/...
Checking $HOME/Library/Application Support/Sword/...
found (/home/greg/).
Checking /home/greg/ for mods.d...
Checking home directory for ~/.sword...
  Checking for /home/greg/.sword/mods.conf...
  Checking for /home/greg/.sword/mods.d...
found.
LOOKING UP MODULE CONFIGURATION COMPLETE.

prefixPath: /home/greg/.sword/
configPath: /home/greg/.sword/mods.d

-> ls /home/greg/.sword/mods.d
kjv.conf  testkjv.conf  web2.conf  web.conf

That is the proper directory I want it to pull from, but none of the
utilities can locate any of my modules.  When I build with CMake, the
utilities have no problem locating the modules.

--Greg