[sword-devel] Xiphos 3.1.4 source tarball is released

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 12:45:09 MST 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 12:13 PM, David Haslam <d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

> Should we expect that the Xiphos packages will be built using SWORD 1.6.2 ?
>
> In view of Troy's finall call, this would make good sense.

If you're asking about the Windows package then I intend to use 1.6.2.
However, I will use whatever is available when I have the time to
devote to creating the package. We haven't actually talked about this,
but my personal feeling is that there are important enough fixes that
I would rather use latest svn than 1.6.1, but again, that decision
won't be made until I get around to creating the binaries.

No offense to Troy who seems to be doing most of the actual work
getting this release together, but wearing my packaging hat, more
timely releases would make that job much easier all around. I believe
we have even had volunteers to help out with getting releases done in
a more timely manner, and I think that would be a really good thing.

Matthew