[sword-devel] InstallSize entry in .conf file?

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Mon Oct 18 09:17:40 MST 2010

David Haslam <d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk> writes:
> Is this entry just FIO to advise prior to download, or does it make a real
> difference to module behaviour?

It is purely advisory to the user, if the application shows it to him.
It lets the user know whether he will spend a long time downloading, or
occupy a lot of disc, for "big" modules.

> Aside: The shell hackery might make good sense to my Unix friends, but
> to me as a Windows user, I'd have a hard job to decipher it.  LOL.

It was pointed out to me that most of that nonsense can be reduced to
"du -sb"...I never knew that modern "du" has a "bytes" option.  Ohwell.

> Does the size exclude the .conf file ?

No.  Content under .sword/modules/ only.