[sword-devel] osis2mod r2519 Error

troypulk troypulk at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 09:58:46 MST 2010

Hello,

I just discovered that when you use osis2mod that it does not reproduce the osis schema properly.

I know this because I made a brand new clean osis.xml and added some basic markups then I used the osis2mod and it was not reproducing the the schema properly so I tested it by using a known properly formatted osis, namely my ISV bible

That's why I updated my svn to the latest version to see if the osis2mod was updated.

What I did was use mod2osis to convert my ISV bible then turned right around and used the osis2mod and this is what happened:

This is what the ISV bible looks like coming from the Module repository:

The Gospel According to Matthew
The Ancestry of Jesus Christ Luke 3:23-28
1 This is * a record of the birth of Jesus Christ, * the son of David, the son of Abraham.
2 Abraham fathered Isaac, Isaac fathered Jacob, and Jacob fathered Judah and his brothers.

Then I used mod2osis and osis2mod and this is what happened:

1 The Gospel According to MatthewThe Ancestry of Jesus Christ Luke 3:23-28This isThe Gk. lacks This is a record of the birth of Jesus Christ,I.e. the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham.Gen 12:3; 22:18; Ps 132:11; Isa 11:1; Jer 23:5; Matt 22:42; Luke 3:23; John 7:42; Acts 2:30; 13:23; Rom 1:3; Gal 3:16
2 Abraham fathered Isaac, Isaac fathered Jacob, and Jacob fathered Judah and his brothers.

Which it appears that it's also including the note for that verse.

Is this a know bug?

When will the next version come out?

Thanks