[sword-devel] osis2mod debugging/titles

troypulk troypulk at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 20:24:50 MST 2010

DM smith wrote:
>This is what osis2mod used to do. It now has a pre-verse div.
>
>It used to be that osis2mod would re-arrange the input to pull out all
>titles between verses. Extra material between verses was appended to the
>title. And this was all put into a pre-verse title.
>
>It should only be found on titles that are attached to the following
>verse. Specifically, it shouldn't be on testament, book or chapter
>titles and it should not be on titles that are in the middle of a verse.
>
>That said SWORD did not handle titles in the middle of verses. Don't
>know if it does now.

FWIW,

The only way I found to get titles to display right in the middle of the chapter was to put them in the preceding verse.

This was using osis2mod Rev. 2562

<verse osisID="Luke.5.27">After these things He went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, "Follow Me." </verse>

and it looks like this in Bibletime:

26 And amazement gripped them all, and they were glorifying God, and they were filled with fear, saying, "We have seen extraordinary things today!"

The Calling of Levi (Matthew)
27 After these things He went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, "Follow Me."

For the head of a chapter it looks like this:

<chapter osisID="Luke.5">
<title>The Call of the Disciples</title>
<verse osisID="Luke.5.1">Now it came to pass, while the crowd pressed upon Him to hear the word of God, that He stood by the Lake of Gennesaret, </verse>

Which looks like this:

The Call of the Disciples