[sword-devel] forwarding sword-support to sword-devel (was: Re: [Fwd: [sword-support] program doesn't work on windows 7])

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Nov 15 07:15:30 MST 2010

Barry, please do not cross-post sword-support mail to sword-devel,
especially not with users' personal information left intact. It seems
like every 6 months or so I have to repeat this request. Sword-devel is
a publicly archived mailing list. Sword-support is a private list and
people emailing any of our support addresses have no expectation that
their emails will be forwarded on and permanently archived on the web
(along with their names and email addresses). It's just incredibly rude
and thoughtless that people KEEP forwarding email from support to devel,
without the least regard for others' privacy.

On top of that, there's virtually never ever any purpose to forwarding a
support email to devel. Virtually everyone who could possibly help with
support requests like this is already on the support list.

So everyone on the support list, please, just don't ever forward mail
from that list.

On 11/15/2010 5:31 AM, David Haslam wrote:

> Barry,
>
> It might have made it easier for list members to help him if he'd actually
> named the front-end application, rather than just referring to "your
> product".

It's clear he's talking about BibleCS, and specifically he's trying to
use the Windows module installer downloads -- and should be directed to
use Install Manager.

BibleCS itself works fine in Win7/64. The installer we use for the
modules doesn't. (I think we've discussed this on the list a half dozen
times recently.)

--Chris