[sword-devel] av11n mappings

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Tue Nov 9 13:10:50 MST 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 19:12 +0000, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> 1 seems easy for a frontend.  2 seems a nightmare so we have to assist
> them as much as possible.  I haven't even started to imagine how
> frontend developers feel the display logic should work.  Would be
> interested to sample some of the other Bible software out there which
> does this and see what they display.  But the preference is really for
> the frontend develpers to decide and we need to give them the
> appropriate data for what they want to build.

Maybe I'm being far too simplistic - but as an interim solution, if each
av11n table that is the equivalent to canon.h carried a set of xrefs to
the kjv canon.h, at least all canons could be xrefed to the kjv canon.
As the majority of modules conform to kjv currently, an xref output from
the engine that would allow these to be synced to a particular module
(with an error where the sync could not happen) would be a fair stopgap
wouldn't it?  OK - it's a kludge, but I can't think of anything else
that frontends could adopt relatively easily while thought on the 'final
solution' is ongoing.

God bless,		Barry Drake.
--
Sent from my Dell Netbook using Ubuntu - the window-free environment
that gives me real fresh air.