[sword-devel] Xiphos 3.1.4 binaries

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 15:29:18 MST 2010

Xiphos 3.1.4 binaries are now available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnomesword/files/Xiphos/3.1.4/xiphos-3.1.4-win32.exe/download

A few notes for the developer crowd (a more general announcement will
be made later):

Built with SWORD 1.6.2, including the latest utilities

The utilities do not report their proper version numbers, due to the
way we are maintaining our unicode patches for SWORD. This will
hopefully be fixed in the next release.

This release is built with latest gtk+, which has undergone quite a
bit of work recently to enhance Windows compatibility. Please report
any issues.

Several minor Windows-specific issues are fixed.

As Karl mentioned in the release notes, work still continues in two
major fronts: av11n, and better display engine for Windows. Progress,
although slow, is being made on both fronts. You can see a preview of
the new display engine on Windows at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31039318@N02/5159019127/.

Matthew