[sword-devel] CrossWire lacks a Content Management System

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Nov 6 03:49:58 MST 2010

No doubt this topic may have been discussed in the past, but even with my
limited experiences of IT, it seems to be the case that CrossWire lacks an
overall Content Management System.

Far too much of what we do is ad hoc and the result is that links in the
wiki pages as well as the main website swiftly become out of date.

We have an ftpmirror that does not keep track of updates to scripts and
other software tools that we host.

The result for users, especially newcomers, can be very frustrating.

Though this might read like a gripe, please understand that I'm trying to be
constructive.

I'm putting myself in the place of a user, and looking to those of you who
are far more experts in IT than I'll ever hope to be (at my age) to put in
some effort to try and improve the total experience that we want our
"customers" to have.

Yours in Christ's service,
David Haslam