[sword-devel] Marking transChange within a <w> ?

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Nov 5 11:35:30 MST 2010

Peter,

Surely it's not an invariable rule that <w> marks only a single word?

Even in the KJV there are places where a single word in the original Hebrew
or Greek is translated by a phrase rather than a single word.

And you may be forgetting that <w> would not be attached to some common
words such as "his" or "thy".

The example from Mt 21:31 illustrates one of the 17 instances.
<w lemma="strong:G3588 strong:G3962" morph="robinson:T-GSM robinson:N-GSM"
src="8 9">of <seg subType="x-added" type="x-transChange">his</seg>
father</w>?
Even so, I take your point. It might be feasible that some of the 17
instances could be changed to use the recommended markup for transChange. It
would be cool if all 17 might be switched.

Before DM responds, you should know that presently I will be reporting a few
other minor text & markup issues that need attention in the KJV module.

David