[sword-devel] Publishing User Content

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Fri Nov 5 09:35:08 MST 2010

On 11/05/2010 12:15 PM, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> The particular problem for how to store and use crypt keys outside of
> their ("natural"?) xyz.conf will need to be addressed.  Xiphos stores
> them that way, and I thought most apps did so, but I suppose we should
> see what code from BibleTime we could borrow so that keys don't need to
> remain stored that way.
Just a couple of thoughts:
IIRC, multiple confs can be slurped into a multi-map. If so...
Have a separate *.conf per module of the form:
[NAME]
cipher=xxxx
Where *.conf is the same name as what is in mods.d and [NAME] matches
that in that conf.

Don't store it next to mods.d and modules. As grabbing ~/.sword (or
whatever it's called and where-ever it is located) shouldn't also grab
the keys.

For lack of a better name have a sibling dir to ~/.sword, say ~/.cwkeys
that holds them.

But if not separate from ~/.sword, then in ~/.sword/keys.d?

In Him,
     DM