[sword-devel] HTTP Transport support (was: Remote Module Repository Wiki)

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 08:38:30 MST 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion Weston,
>
> I had no idea WebDAV allowed programmatic traversal of remote content.
> That's great to know!
>
> I wonder at the value of depending on WebDAV to solve our problem though.

Every hosting provider I know of supports it - though I'm sure some
charge it for higher prices than their base entry fee.

Linux natively supports it all over the place for client access.
Windows has been able to mount WebDAV natively as a remote location
since at least Windows 98.
Mac OS X supports WebDAV since 10.0

Apache has pretty straightforward support for it, and IIRC, IIS has
support that's about as easy to enable as flipping a switch.  If
someone can setup a webserver, they can setup WebDAV.

--Greg